|John A. Jackson Bio|
|Experience & Contact Information|
|* Co-Founder And EVP - Fusion Risk Management
* President - Albright Advisors, LLC
* VP - IBM Business Continuity & Recovery Services
* President - Comdisco Availability Services
* Senior VP - SunGard Availability Services
* Email: JJ@FusionRiskMgmt.com
* Phone: 847.778.8096(cell) or 847.991.7292(office)
* Fax: 847.574.7438
| About John A. Jackson
John, or "JJ" as he is known, is an experienced senior executive of information technology services and consulting organizations, both domestically and internationally, with experience in conducting several business startups, managing and growing profitable operations, conducting a business turnaround, and managing through severely adverse business conditions. He has built and maintained an extremely loyal and dedicated staff and customer following, and is acknowledged worldwide, as an industry expert in Business Continuity, High Availability, Disaster Recovery and Information Protection.
BUSINESS MANAGEMENT AND CONTINUITY SERVICES
Currently, John is Executive Vice President and Chief Risk Management Officer for Fusion Risk Management, a Chicago based IT Risk Management Advisory Services and Reseller organization.
Most recently, up until June 15, 2005, John was Vice President of IBM Business Continuity and Recovery Services, a premier industry provider of Business Resilience services. John managed a team of over 700 people and 16 facilities which provided industry leading services to IBM's customers.
Prior to IBM, and while President of Comdisco's global, $600 million dollar, 1,350 person, profitable (15% net) and growing (12% annual average) Information Technology Services business, John provided Business Continuity, Professional Services, Web Hosting, Network Management and Storage Management Services to over 3,000 customers world-wide. He managed sales, service delivery, product development, finance and administration as well as consulting and software product operations, and managed the support of 535 actual customer recoveries and over 20,000 Disaster Recovery simulation exercises.
As Managing Director based in London, John led a $60 million dollar IT Services company with operations in the UK, France, Germany and Spain and developed alliances in several other countries to expand the service reach. John ensured coordination with all US processes, policies and operations in order to provide a seamless, global customer experience.
STARTUPS AND TURNAROUNDS
JJ built two IT Professional Services businesses from the ground up and started IT services businesses in Malaysia, Australia, Japan, Germany and Spain. He also conducted a turn-around of Comdisco’s IT Services businesses in England and France ahead of schedule and with extraordinary employee and customer satisfaction.
ACQUISITIONS & DIVESTITURES
John conducted several IT Services business acquisitions in the US and Europe, and oversaw the sale of Comdisco Network Services to NetSolve. He directed and managed the successful sale of Comdisco’s Services division for $825 million dollars to SunGard Data Systems with minimal customer or staff impact, including transitioning virtually all of Comdisco’s 3,000 services customers and over 900 staff in about 90 days.
A results oriented, disciplined, people centric manager of IT businesses, JJ has a track record of extremely loyal staff at all levels and a strong customer satisfaction level. He has a strong work ethic, leading by example and has built several highly motivated and dedicated teams.
| Affiliations and Associations
* Advisory Council Chairperson to the Dean of DePaul University's Adult Education Program (SNL)
* Past President - DePaul University's Business and Technology Alumni Network
* Vice President, InfraGard Chicago Chapter - www.InfraGard.org
* Executive Advisory Board Member - Disaster Recovery Journal
* Featured writer, guest lecturer and media spokesperson on Business Continuity
* Editorial Advisory Board - Continuity Insights magazine
* Board of Directors, Strategic Planning chair and Newsletter editor, Private & Public Businesses, Inc. (www.PPBI.org)
* Strategic Council and Advisory Board Member - IT Executive Exchange
* Certified Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) member - Main Township Illinois
|What is the Derivation of the name Albright Advisors?
John L. Albright, born in 1888, was the Mayor of Columbus Wisconsin after his retirement as the Plant Manager at Stokley Van Camp's Columbus Canning Factory.
John L had a tireless work ethic, served his community in many ways and was a role model for all who knew him.
It is with that image that John Jackson proudly conducts business.